Book Covers

Book Covers

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Everything Happends for a Reason

Just got home. Happy my big brother Miya put me on to blogging. It's a nice change of atmosphere from yesterday. I was kicking off my book release/ birthday celebration in Asheville, NC but the snow prevented it and sent me driving back to Charlotte at 35-40mph. My feelings were hurt, but all my friends and people supporting me reminded me that everything happens for a reason. The good thing is I already have some great ideas that I want to incorporate for my new Jan.23rd date. Maybe have a drink special and call it "The Poet Surprise" or something. LoL. I think it's going to be a grand event for me & my partner Timmy Smith (twitter.com/SocialLifeAvl) and for Asheville. Well, for the remainder of the day I'm going to sip this wine and watch these movies the bootleg guy sold me in the grocery store parking lot. Don't know which to put in the dvd first: Blindside, 2012, or New Moon. I guess I'll let me sons chose. Tomorrow...i relax while my mom and family comes over to spend time with me on my birthday. Yayyyyyy

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry things didn't go the way that you planned the first time around, but I believe that Jan 23rd will have bigger and better things in store for you. Just remain positive and determined and you will be just fine. I purchased a copy of My Journal My Journey and if you keep me posted I will come out and support you on Jan 23. My hometown is not that far from you (Greensboro) so I will make the trip. Stay blessed!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK ... Got the new date ... plan to make it.
    Would like my book signed at some point. I'm sure I'll buy another one at the book release party. Keep it moving young god ... we need you.

    ReplyDelete