Book Covers

Book Covers

Thursday, January 14, 2010

The excitement grows. My book release celebration is coming next Saturday.I don't know which poem I want to read. I don't even have a clue. As an artist I have an arsenol of poetry swarming and circling in my head. I guess I'm going to play it by ear and decide once I get on stage. Last night my partner Timmy Smith asked what do I think about donating some of the proceeds to Haiti victims. I had heard about the quakes but hadn't paid much attention to the media. I responded by suggesting donating some money to a local charity. Later that night I went home and was going to watch "Family Guy". While flipping through the channels I passed cnn and saw actual footage on the devastation going on in Haiti. The visual was heart-breaking. Dead bodies on the grounds and children crying immediately reminded me of Hurricane Katrina. First thing this morning I let Timmy know he was absolutely right about his suggestion to send some of the proceeds to Haiti. Until the party I will send my prayers and thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment